Student Rules and Regulations
INSTRUCTION TO LIBRARY USERS
Issue and Return of Books
- Books other than reference books will be issued to student members for a period of 10 days only. For teachers, the loan period is one full semester ,
- Two renewals will be permitted if there are no reservations against these books. For renewal, books have to be presented physically at the library counter,
- Reference Books, Encyclopedias, Hand Books, Dictionaries, Periodicals, Student Project Report, Dissertations, Theses will not be issued and THEY ARE ONLY FOR REFERENCE.
- Members, before leaving the counter must satisfy themselves as to whether the books, which they intend to borrow, are in good condition and any damage/marking should be immediately reported to the Librarian failing which the member to whom the book was issued will be held responsible.
- Books that are in special demand shall be lent for shorter periods as may be necessary and books lent out may be recalled at any time, if required.
- Absence will not be accepted as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- Return / Renew the books within the time permitted.
LOSS OF BOOKS
- Loss of books, if any, should be reported to the library immediately and it should be replaced with a new copy along with a levy of overdue charges if any.
- In case the borrower is unable to replace the books that are lost, he will be levied a penalty three times the cost of the book plus overdue charges, if any.
- PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR WAIVER OF FINES.
- Sign the register kept at the checkpoint, while entering the Library.
- Leave your bags, Handbags & personal belongings at the property counter ,
- Each borrower is responsible for the book issued on the card, so a borrower is requested not to lend his ID card to others ,
- Show the documents, which are being taken out of the Library, to the staff at the checkpoint ,
- Books should be handled with great care and multination of books in any manner will be heavily fined,
- All final year student members should get “No Dues Certificate” / (NOC) from the college Library. The End of Semester, Course Completion/Mark Sheet, and Degree Certificate will be given only on production of the NOC from the College Library.
Misbehavior in the library will lead to cancellation of membership and also lead to serious disciplinary action,
- Keep the Library clean: Use the dustbins.
Back to Main Page